Nieuw Amelisweerd, Bunnik, Netherlands

Back to older history. Where an estate 'Oud Amelisweerd' exists (see the posts of 21 January and 25 April), you may also expect a 'Nieuw Amelisweerd'. And yes, what used to be 'Amelisweerd' (named after Knight Amelius) was in the 13th century split in an 'Oud' and a 'Nieuw Amelisweerd'. In 'Nieuw Amelisweerd', in 1682, the current monument was built by Hendrik van Ulvenhove to replace earlier buildings. Since then it has undergone the necessary changes and expansions. Since 1860 it has its current form. Just like 'Oud Amelisweerd', it was briefly owned by King Louis Napoleon. In 1984 the house was completely restored. It has been split into 17 apartments and inhabited.

Terug naar oudere historie. Waar een landgoed 'Oud Amelisweerd' bestaat (zie de posts van 21 januari en 25 april), mag je wellicht ook een 'Nieuw Amelisweerd' verwachten. En ja, wat ooit 'Amelisweerd' (genoemd naar ridder Amelius uten Werde) was, werd in de 13e eeuw gesplitst in Oud en Nieuw. In 'Nieuw Amelisweerd werd in 1682, ter vervanging van eerdere bouwwerken, het huidige monument gebouwd door Hendrik van Ulvenhove. Sindsdien heeft het de nodige veranderingen en uitbreidingen ondergaan. Sinds 1860 heeft het zijn huidige vorm. Net als 'Oud Amelisweerd' was het kort in bezit van van Koning Lodewijk Napoleon. In 1984 werd het huis volledig gerestaureerd. Het is gesplist in 17 appartementen en bewoond.

2018-08-16

 
home