Rijn en Zon Korenmolen, Utrecht, Netherlands

The corn mill 'Rijn en Zon' was built in 1913 on the corner of the Adelaarstraat and Merelstraat in Utrecht. The mill replaced an older mill 'Rijn en Son' which, from 1745 to 1912, was located about 500 meters south-west of the current one. Materials of other demolished mills were used for the construction. In 1977-1978 the mill was restored. Since 1977 the mill has been a national monument.

De korenmolen 'Rijn en Zon' werd in 1913 gebouwd op de hoek van de Adelaarstraat en Merelstraat te Utrecht. De molen kwam in de plaats van een oudere molen 'Rijn en Son' die van 1745 tot 1912 zo'n 500 mtr zuidwestelijk van de huidige stond. Voor de bouw werden materialen gebruikt van andere, gesloopte molens. In 1977-1978 werd de molen gerestaureerd. Sinds 1977 heeft de molen de status rijksmonument.

2018-08-27

 
home