De Ster Zaagmolen, Utrecht, Netherlands

The sawmill De Ster (the star) dates from 1739 and was built at the request of Van der Starren (of the stars) , who gave the mill its name. In 1911, the power of the wind is replaced by electricity. The windmill on the roof of the sawmill is then no longer needed and is demolished. On June 28, 1988 the foundation Sterremolen started activities for rebuilding the mill. Ten years later, the mill comes to the mill yard as a 'building kit'. In September 1998 the mill body is placed and the official opening of the complete sawmill takes place on 22 June 1999. The complex includes a complete yard of a sawmill. The only one in the Netherlands. The buildings on the grounds of the mill together form a national monument.

De zaagmolen De Ster dateert van 1739 en is gebouwd in opdracht van Van der Starren, die de molen zijn naam heeft gegeven. In 1911 wordt de kracht van de wind vervangen door elektriciteit. De windmolen op het dak van de zagerij is dan niet meer nodig en wordt gesloopt. Op 28 juni 1988 wordt de stichting Sterremolen opgericht die zich inzet voor de herbouw van de molen. Tien jaar later komt de molen als ‘bouwpakket’ naar het molenerf. In september 1998 wordt de molenromp geplaatst en de officiële opening van de complete houtzaagmolen vindt op 22 juni 1999 plaats. Het complex omvat een compleet erf van een houtzagerij. Het enige in Nederland. De gebouwen op het terrein van de molen vormen gezamenlijk een rijksmonument.

2018-10-16

 
home