Mariahoek, Utrecht, Netherlands

Next to the park of the post of November 6, 2018 is another courtyard, the Mariahoek, once the site of the 11th century St. Mary's Church that was demolished in 1816. The park is surrounded by beautiful, monumental buildings. The left part of this beautiful, plastered house was built in 1653 next to the site of the former northern tower of the St. Mary's Church. In the house there are remnants of tufa wall work, possibly belonging to the St. Mary's Church. The building is a municipal monument.

Naast het parkje van de post van 6 november 2018 ligt nog een hofje, de Mariahoek, ooit de plek van de 11e eeuwse Mariakerk die in 1816 is gesloopt. Het parkje wordt omringd door prachtige, monumentale panden. Het linker deel van dit mooie, gepleiserde huis is in 1653 gebouwd naast de plaats van de voormalige noordertoren van de Mariakerk. In het huis zijn restanten tufsteen muurwerk, mogelijk behorend bij de Mariakerk, aanwezig. Het pand is een gemeentelijk monument.

2019-01-07

 
home